A Salon & Spa Compliance Handbook has been created to provide further information for the public, cosmetologists, and salons/spas to ensure safe practice in Nova Scotia.
If you have a question or concern, please contact the Cosmetology Association directly at 902-468-6477 or toll-free at 1-800-765-8757.
Requirements differ depending on the number of employees employed by a business. This includes multiple locations.
Every employer needs the following to be compliant:
- Posted Nova Scotia OHS Act
- Posted Nova Scotia OHS contact information sheet
- A posted Emergency Communication procedure
- Copy of the WHMIS/GHS regulations
- A Trained First Aid provider
- A First Aid kit appropriate to the size and type of business you have
- A posted copy of your workplace violence prevention statement
In addition to the above list, you have further requirements based on the number of employees you have. You can contact the Nova Scotia OH&S division at 1-800-952-2687 or visit https://novascotia.ca/lae/healthandsafety/ to learn more.