All Nova Scotia Cosmetologists working for “fee, gain or reward,” salons and spas, industry business owners, and schools and colleges offering Cosmetology programs must hold a current / valid Nova Scotia Cosmetology licence and / or permit.
Licences and permits must be renewed annually, and will expire this year on December 31, 2016. Those who fail to renew will have a $25 Late Fee charged to their account on January 1, 2017.
Licences and permits will be issued once the applicable Licence / Permit Renewal Fee(s) and the appropriate renewal forms (see list below) are received. Members may send forms and fees to the Cosmetology Association office, located at 126 Chain Lake Drive in Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3S 1A2.
LICENCE RENEWAL FORMS
- Cosmetologists: fill out the Individual Member Licence Renewal Form
- Salon / Spa Owners: fill out the Business Owner Agreement Form
(This includes mobile salons and spas.)
- Salons / Spas: fill out the Business Permit Renewal Form
(Please list all Cosmetologists working within the establishment.)
- Mobile Salons / Spas: fill out the Mobile Salon / Spa Permit Renewal Form
- Schools / Colleges: fill out the School / College Permit Renewal Form
*** Please note: Online payment is up and running.
- Cheque / Money Order
Made out to the Cosmetology Association of NS
- Cash / Debit / Visa / Mastercard
(In office only)
- MasterCard / VISA or VISA Debit
In office, via telephone, or here online
NOVA SCOTIA LICENCES and PERMITS: