Upgrading During COVID-19
During these trying times, the Association's Executive Board has approved online training for upgrading purposes only, retroactive to March 20, 2020. Online courses taken for an upgrade must be completed through the companies and courses listed below or from the list of approved courses.
Please note:To ensure a course is approved, please contact the company or instructor for confirmation.
The following are important requirements for the Association to upgrade your licence.
2) The course will provide certification of program completion or the instructor will notify the Association of completion - including name, licence number, etc.
3) Members will submit an upgrade application to the Association when they are ready to upgrade, confirming any upgrade classes they have attended. Please click here for the Association's Master Licence application.
This is an unprecedented exception to the rules and guidelines under special circumstances. This exception will remain in place until such time as the State of Emergency has been lifted in Nova Scotia.
Credit value remains the same: 1/2 credit for each 4-hour class.
Please note: classes can be combined to meet the 4-hour requirement for 1/2 credit.
Milady Certification in Client Well-Being & Safety
Introducing Milady RISE Certifications; a program designed to help you invest in yourself & your career while showing a commitment to lifelong learning. You're just 3 1/2 hours away from your first Milady RISE Certification in Client Well-Being & Safety.
Click here to link to Milady Training & Registration. Cost is $29.95
Redken Canada (contact: Karen.Doherty@loreal.com)
Here is a list of upcoming online classes:
- Teasy Lights & Foilyage (credit 0.5)
- Formulation Genius (credit 0.5)
- Ravishing Reds & Bombshell Brunettes (credit 0.5)
- Trending Now: Haircolor (credit 0.5)
- Between the Foils & High Contrast Blondes (credit 0.5)
- Color Emergency Color Correction (credit 0.5)
- Formula Genius (credit 0.5)
- Design Suitability Dry Cutting (credit 0.5)
- Buttercream Blondes The BB Approach (credit 0.5)
- Festival Hair Long Hair Finishing (credit 0.5)
- Color Bash (credit 0.5)
- Blur Smudge & Tone (credit 0.5)
- Principles of Color (credit 0.5)
- Retailing: It's in the Bag (credit 0.5)
- Dry Cutting (credit 0.5)
- Styling Obsessed (credit 0.5)
- Haircare Obsessed (credit 0.5)
- Between the Foils (credit 0.5)
Euro Beauty (contact: email@example.com)
Eastern Estetics (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Disinfection & Infectious Control
Curl Specialist - Krista Leavitt
Krista Leavitt is one of these passionate stylists who focuses exclusively on curly hair. She specializes in sculpting, styling, and daily maintenance of natural hair and creates haircuts based on specific curl patterns and head shape. She is a successful stylist and an educator. We are pleased to partner with Krista to offer our Members online training to enhance the beauty of naturally curly hair. Members in good standing can use the code NSHAIRSTYLIST10 to receive a discount of 10%.
To learn more about Krista, please visit this link. https://curlspecialist.com/about/
- Course #1 ($99.90 after member discount): https://www.kristaleavitt.com/sales-page-online-styling-course-for-hair-stylists
- Course #2 ($33.30 after member discount): https://www.kristaleavitt.com/sales-page-guide-to-creating-the-best-waves-for-hair-stylists